What is compounding?
Prescription compounding is the process in which the pharmacist individualizes a medication for a specific patient’s needs. People who cannot swallow pills, those with allergies or sensitivities to fillers or dyes and those who want flavored medication are all examples of patients who may need a dosage that is not commercially available. That's where the DeVille pharmacists can step in and create customized medication just for you. If you (or your family pet) need specially created compounded prescriptions, talk to our pharmacy staff today.
Our compounding pharmacies offer:
- Bio-identical hormone replacement therapy
- Wound care
- Topical forumlations
- Liquid formulations
- Veterinary medication preparations
- Transdermal creams, lotions, and gels
- Customized medication dosage forms
Tips for compounds:
- Keep in mind that compounds must be specially made. Please give us at least 1 day's notice to complete your compound.
- We know that everyone is different and welcome feedback on compounds. Most dogs love marshmallow flavor. If yours doesn't, let us know and we can change it for next time. Cream too "creamy?"
- Let us know and we can change the consistency for your next fill.
- Check out our Services tab to get more information on hormone and neurotransmitter testing.